How to Hide Leading Websites in Safari
For your comfort, Safari tracks the websites you go to most regularly and reveals them to you as your "top sites" when you open a brand-new tab on the Mac or "frequently gone to websites" on the iPad. You could customize it or transform it off if you're not crazy concerning this function.
Hide the Top Sites in Safari on the Mac
You can not entirely remove the Top Sites in Safari in OS X, yet you could make that web page revealing the sites you frequently check out harder for others to locate.
1. Click Safari then Preferences in the browser menu. You might also utilize the Command+, keyboard faster way.
2. Adjustment the default for new tabs and new windows to anything apart from Top Sites. You could establish it to your web page, a vacant page, or your present page.
3. (Optional) Change the variety of sites received the Top Sites listing. Instead of 12 sites, you could have Safari show just 6 websites or as high as 24 websites.
4. Shut the Preferences home window.
Top Sites will still be offered under the Bookmarks food selection > Show Top Sites, however those website thumbnails will not be revealed to you (or any individual that looks into your shoulder) every time the web browser opens up or a brand-new tab is opened.
If you do not want to hide the Top Sites completely, you could get rid of web sites from it by clicking the X for each thumbnail. If you pin 12 sites in location (or the number of sites you selected to reveal in the Top Sites list), no new sites will be instantly added to the web page.
How to Disable Top Sites in Safari in iOS
With iOS 9, you could disable the often checked out sites feature.
1. Open up the Settings app and also scroll down to Safari.
2. Toggle off the "Frequently Visited Sites" alternative.
When you open a brand-new tab on your iPad, it will only show icons for your bookmarked faves.
Click Safari then Preferences in the internet browser food selection. Adjustment the default for brand-new tabs and new windows to anything various other than Top Sites. (Optional) Change the number of sites shown in the Top Sites list. Rather of 12 websites, you could have Safari show just 6 sites or as much as 24 sites.
Labels How To